From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] keeping ati-drivers 8.34.8 in portage
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:45:54
1 On Tuesday 11 September 2007, Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Due to the recent X updates, portage wants to upgrade ati-drivers. I
5 > am having problems with all ati-drivers newer than 8.34.8 [1], so
6 > what is the official way to make sure 8.34.8 stays there until a
7 > newer version is released that fixes these problems? Is just filing
8 > a bug against a specific version enough?
9
10 I think filing a bug isn;t enough as a dev can easily remove the ebuild
11 you need from the tree anyway. You should copy the 8.34.8 ebuild to a
12 personal overlay, and mask >8.34.8 as an interim measure
13
14 alan
17 Optimists say the glass is half full,
18 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
19 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
20
21 Alan McKinnon
22 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
23 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list