From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: screen, mc, htop
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 17:08:12
1 On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > On 09/11/2009 07:04 PM, Willie Wong wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 10:38:50AM -0500, Paul Hartman wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 2:35 PM, András, Csányi - Sayusi Ando
7 >>> <sayusi.ando@××××××.hu> wrote:
8 >>>>
9 >>>> I use screen lot of and I like it veery much. Few weeks ago - when I
10 >>>> reinstall gentoo, started this weird thing.
11 >>>> If I start mc in the screen nothings happen. I can see the cursos is
12 >>>> stop before the last line and waiting...
13 >>>> Generally first time the mc is start and I can work with. But, random
14 >>>> long time later the mc is start doing this stupid behavior what I
15 >>>> wrote upper. This thing is independent what I did. Last time is
16 >>>> started after I use vim to edit an file. Yesterday started after I
17 >>>> write in mc's command line 'df -h' and hit Enter.
18 >>>
19 >>> This is a very old post, but I want to say I am experiencing the same
20 >>> problems with screen and mc (even after I initially replied saying I
21 >>> didn't have it :). Did you ever find a solution?
22 >>>
23 >>
24 >> I dunno if my problem is the same as yours, but it may not be just mc.
25 >> screen has been crapping out on me lately, and also randomly, like
26 >> described above, when I use some of the shell scripts that I wrote. It
27 >> only happens with interactive scripts that display a menu using
28 >> 'dev-util/dialog'. Most of the time it works, sometimes it doesn't:
29 >> after the previous dialog clears the screen, screen just sits there
30 >> blinking and not loading the next one.
31 >>
32 >> I'd be interested in a solution too, if there is one.
33 >
34 > If you start screen, then do "export TERM=xterm", does that fix the issues?
35
36 So far that seems to fix it for me! But it's a very random and
37 non-reproducible error so only time will tell. mc froze on startup for
38 me just now (with TERM=screen) 5 times in a row; set TERM=xterm and mc
39 started without problem 5 times in a row. So that's a good sign, I
40 think.
41
42 Thanks!