From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fwd: Update of mozilla products (firefox, thunderbird, seamonkey) gone "bad"...
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:44:24
1 On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 7:58 AM, pk <peterk2@××××××××.se> wrote:
2 > Yesterday I got an update of said apps (firefox, thunderbird, seamonkey)
3 > so I updated them (see list of version and possibly related parts
4 > below). Now all of them exhibit a strange phenomenon: Often, the window,
5 > or parts thereof are not redrawn, just cleared, which makes it hard to
6 > see web pages and mail. In order to force a redraw I have to resize the
7 > app, which is annoying.
8
9 Not directly related to your problem (maybe), but I've noticed that
10 since recent versions, Mozilla applications performance in NX server
11 is terrible! The screen redraws like crazy and it's almost impossible
12 to use Thunderbird or Firefox anymore. (I've also noticed this with
13 certain KDE/Qt programs as well, with Akregator being the worst one.)
14
15 Older Mozilla programs like Seamonkey 1.x still work great, though. So
16 I'm not sure if they're doing some kind of optimized drawing or some
17 trick that's not fully supported everywhere...