From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Strange python-updater error
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:13:19
1 Sebastian Beßler wrote:
2 > Am 10.06.2010 07:36, schrieb Dale:
5 >> To think the devs didn't believe this was going to cause some confusion.
6 >>
7 > There is a news regarding python 3 after the install of python 3.
8 > It clearly says that is ok to have both installed parallel, and runnig
9 > python-updater is recommended, but you should never ever set python 3 as
10 > system default until further notice.
11 >
12 > On the dev-list putting python 3 into stable and how to handle it was
13 > debated with many powerful emotions assigned.
14 >
15 > They knew what they did.. If how they handled that problem is good or
16 > not is a other pair of shoes.
17 >
18 > Greetings
19 >
20 > Sebastian
24 Yep, I was part of that discussion so I know about it. News item or
25 not, marking something as stable still confuses people when you are then
26 told you can't use it. With most packages it would not matter much but
27 when very little can use this package, it is sort of silly.
28
29 Dale
30