From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Questions about java SDK ebuilds for linux
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 16:41:39
1 Wolfgang Liebich <wolfgang.liebich <at> siemens-enterprise.com> writes:
4 > Hi,
5 > I'm using GENTOO linux as development platform for Java applications.
6 > JAVA 8 is not officially out there, but still I would like to start
7 > testing it, and there are "early access"
8 > downloads at the oracle website.
9
10 Checkout project sunrise and then other overlay sites for early offerings...
11
12 > Furthermore, the ebuilds for the IBM JDKs seem to be somewhat abandoned -
13 is there an build for the ibm jdk V7
14 > available somewhere? I did not
15 > find anything (yet)...
16
17 IMHO, JAVA get's a bad rap in the open source world for a variety,
18 sometimes very good, reasons. What JAVA on gentoo lacks is devoted
19 afficionado team to keep up with supporting JAVA on Gentoo...
22 YMMV,
23 hth, James