From: "Holger Hoffstätte" <holger@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Rebuilding all dependants of a package
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 12:57:54
1 Hey,
2
3 I'm not exactly new to portage, but one thing that I cannot seem to figure
4 out is how to rebuild all dependants of a package. Not *dependencies*,
5 dependants: packages that require said package.
6
7 As a recent example: whenever go (the language) is updated to a new version
8 (say from 1.9 to 1.10, as it happended recently), I'd like to rebuild docker
9 & friends - or more specifically 'things that are compiled with go'.
10
11 The --changed-deps option doesn't seem to do the trick, so instead I manually
12 do a -vp --depclean on go and manually --oneshot all installed packages that
13 have their hands on it. This is obviously stupid and error-prone.
14
15 Am I missing something or is this really not easily possible?
16 Basically I'm looking for a hard --oneshot --revdep-rebuild with a package
17 argument.
18
19 thanks,
20 Holger