From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub menu and the new openrc
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 13:30:07
1 On Wednesday 18 May 2011 02:48:54 Dale wrote:
2
3 > The emerge -e world finished. It still doesn't work like it did a few
4 > weeks ago. So, I tried the nonetwork option. That starts about every
5 > service except the GUI, my UPS thingy and a couple others. Get this, it
6 > even starts the freaking network. Why is it called nonetwork if it
7 > starts the network too. Seeing the list of services it started, it
8 > didn't miss many.
9
10 Put rc_hotplug="!net.*" into /etc/rc.conf.
11
12 The system is getting too clever by half; nowadays it starts whatever it
13 can, and only then does it look to see what you've set via rc-update.
16 Rgds
17 Peter