From: "Paul B. Henson" <henson@×××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems with Xinerama after upgrade to Plasma (KDE5)
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 06:29:45
1 On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 10:54:16AM +0200, Dan Johansson wrote:
2
3 > Yes, you are correct, I'm running stable (5.6.5).
4 > Then I'll have to wait for next release to "go stable" or try upgrading
5 > to 5.7.4.
6
7 As a workaround, uninstall kscreen, create a shell script (named say
8 xrandr.sh), and put the appropriate xrandr config in it, mine for
9 example is:
10
11 #! /bin/sh
12 xrandr --noprimary --output DVI-I-2 --left-of DVI-I-1
13
14 Go to the KDE system settings, under startup and shutdown, and add this
15 script in the autostart section as "Pre-KDE startup".
16
17 This will result in your monitors being placed correctly under 5.6.x
18 until you can upgrade to a version with the kscreen bugfix (at that
19 time, remove this script and reinstall the kscreen ebuild).