From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] My USB camera no longer works.
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:51:19
1 Hi,
2
3 I have a Canon PowerShot A95 camera that until today worked fine. Gtkam
4 could see it and download my pictures. I'm on the same old kernel but
5 did upgrade some stuff recently.
6
7 If you have been here more than a few days, you know I tried the new
8 xorg-server then downgraded. I'm not sure if something got upgraded
9 that I need to downgrade again or what. How would I go about finding
10 out what to downgrade or even check? Nothing sees my camera at all.
11 This is the output I get:
12
13 root@smoker / # lsusb
14 Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
15 Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
16 root@smoker / #
17
18 Hmmm, looks like my printer isn't found either. Nope, I can't print
19 either. Looks like something borked my USB stuff.
20
21 I can't find anything on the forums about this either. Ideas?
22
23 Dale
24