From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Linux Magazine tests Gentoo performance
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 08:03:39
1 Mike Edenfield schrieb:
2 > On 10/29/2009 5:13 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> On 10/29/2009 10:45 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
4 >>> I suppose this is interesting to most Gentoo users. Linux Magazine
5 >>> performed a detailed benchmark of Gentoo, comparing it to Ubuntu 9.04:
6 >>>
7 >>> http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7574/1
8 >>
9 >> Btw, I think this is a very nice example of why per-package CFLAGS would
10 >> have been very useful. Some application largely benefit from -Os, others
11 >> from -O2.
12 >
13 > If you're willing to put in a bit of effort, I believe you can set up a
14 > per-package environment (including custom CFLAGS) in a number of ways.
15 > The one that seems to be most popular is described here:
16 >
17 > http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o/msg00585.html
21 I am using a much simpler (for me thing). Just create for every package
22 you like to change things a kind of pseudo make.conf in
23
24 /etc/portage/env/CAT/
25
26 There you can change everything on package basis, not only FLAGS, but
27 also FEATURES etc.