From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Ruby is borked on my system
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 09:13:24
1 On Friday 27 June 2014 08:16:08 Hans de Graaff wrote:
2 > On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 23:36:00 -0400, Ajai Khattri wrote:
3 > > !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy
4 > > "virtual/rubygems[ruby_targets_ruby18]"
5 > > have been masked.
6 >
7 > You still have packages on your system that have been installed with the
8 > ruby18 RUBY_TARGET. It's not immediately clear which package that is from
9 > the output, but I suspect dev-ruby/rubygems? Re-emerging the packages
10 > still installed for ruby18 should fix this.
11
12 Some months ago I found myself wondering why I had ruby on this box at all. A
13 little poking around revealed that the only thing that needed it was thin-
14 provisioning. Once I'd added -thin to my USE flags and recompiled lvm2 I could
15 get rid of ruby altogether.
16
17 This won't suit everybody, I know, but maybe it's worth considering.
20 Regards
21 Peter