From: Francesco Riosa <BastianBalthazarBux@×××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] setting path for qpkg
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:31:02
1 James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > qpkg is not accessible, due to the path, unless
5 > I use: /usr/lib/gentoolkit/bin/qpkg
6 >
7 > Where is the best (bash shell) place to
8 > set this path once, so I do not have to
9 > type out the fully qualified pathname
10 > of the executable?
11 > I'd like it to survive the machinations of
12 > emerge, env-update et. al...
13 >
14 > /root/.bashrc ?
15 >
16 > I also would have thought that installing it
17 > from an emerge would set the path automatically?
21 why not to do a litle jump and go with app-portage/portage-utils ?
22
23 #q --help
24 Usage: q <applet> [arguments]...
25
26 Currently defined applets:
27 q <applet> <args> : virtual applet
28 qcheck <pkgname> : verify mtimes/digests
29 qdepends <pkgname> : show dependency info
30 qfile <filename> : list all pkgs owning files
31 qgrep <misc args> : grep in ebuilds
32 qlist <pkgname> : list files owned by pkgname
33 qlop <pkgname> : emerge log analyzer
34 qpkg <misc args> : manipulate Gentoo binpkgs
35 qsearch <regex> : search pkgname/desc
36 qsize <pkgname> : calculate size usage
37 qtbz2 <misc args> : manipulate tbz2 packages
38 quse <useflag> : find pkgs using useflags
39 qxpak <misc args> : manipulate xpak archives
42 -i, --install * Install symlinks for applets
43 -r, --reinitialize * Reinitialize ebuild cache
44 -v, --verbose * Make a lot of noise
45 -Q, --quiet * Suppress warnings and errors
46 -C, --nocolor * Don't output color
47 -h, --help * Print this help and exit
48 -V, --version * Print version and exit
52 cheers,
53 Francesco R:
54 --
55 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list