From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ro /
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 21:54:45
1 I have my / partition mounted read-only. It works fine, /var is in a
2 different partition, as well as /usr/portage. Of course, I have to
3 remount / rw when emerging packages.
4
5 The problem is that, more often than not, I cannot remount ro after
6 emerging ("/ is busy").
7 I tried "lsof / | awk '$4 ~ /[0-9].*w/'" and the only files that are
8 open for writing are FIFOs, which are associated with services I put
9 there myself and should be there ( and were there before emerging,
10 anyway...) IOW, no file is unexpectedely open for writing in /.
11
12 I suspect something related with updated libraries (old versions kept?).
13 I tried logging out. The problem persists after logging in in a getty,
14 with no X process active.
15
16 I'm updating the system with
17 emerge -NDu world
18
19 and then
20 emerge @preserved-rebuild
21
22 Maybe I'm missing something obvious re updating?
23
24 Ideas, similar experiences?
25
26 Thanks