From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qt-creator (and others) too slow
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 19:31:47
1 On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 03:59:27PM -0300, Francisco Ares wrote:
2 > Hi, all,
3 >
4 > Just upgraded to KDE 5, Qt 5 (as full as possible) and now QtCreator
5 > frequently uses almost full CPU, a quad-core i5-4430. Any change on the
6 > IDE, even just passing the mouse cursor over elements of an opened source
7 > code file, makes the CPU consuption to the high tops.
8
9 Which versions of Qt/KDE? I just installed stable KDE 5 on unstable Qt
10 5, as tiling window managers are not great all the time. I have not
11 noticed any problems so far related to rendering.
12
13 I can test this in a little while, but I'm busy working on some stuff
14 right now while logged in to i3.
15
16 Alec