From: "Bruce Hill
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how updating to gnome3 ?!
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:05:22
1 On March 12, 2012 at 8:56 AM Tamer Higazi <th982a@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hi Alan!
4 > I thought more or less that I have to unmask packages, or making any
5 > configurations to unlock the update to gnome3.
6 >
7 > If I run now:
8 >
9 > tamer@office ~ $ emerge -pav gnome
10 >
11 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
12 >
13 > Calculating dependencies... done!
14 > [ebuild R ] gnome-base/gnome-2.32.1-r1 USE="cdr cups dvdr ldap
15 > policykit -accessibility -mono" 0 kB
16 >
17 > Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
18 > tamer@office ~ $
21 > I get one package to reinstall.
24 > If I run "layman -a gnome" and re-execute the command:
27 > I got this message:
28 >
29 > * If you enabled the GNOME overlay to get GNOME 3.2, please disable
30 > * it now, since GNOME 3.2 is already in portage and unmasked.
34 > How do I install gnome 3.2, that is now in portage?!
38 > Tamer
39
40 <snip>
41
42 > > What sort of information are you looking for?
43 > >
44 > > gnome-3 is marked unstable, so if you run ~x86 or ~amd64 just
45 > >
46 > > emerge -av gnome
47 > >
48 > > and deal with any breakage. This is generally how gentoo works for
49 > > everything. What were you expecting in terms of documentation ?
56 It's still ~arch so add "gnome-base/gnome" (or some such) to
57 /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords
60 Happy Penguin Computers >`)
61 126 Fenco Drive ( \
62 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^
63 662-269-2706; 662-491-8613
64 support at happypenguincomputers dot com
65 http://www.happypenguincomputers.com