From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] zoom?
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 12:43:27
1 On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:33:34 +0100, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > > My understanding is that it reports running processes and other info
4 > > about your machine back to Zoom. Don't know why. As soon as I'm done
5 > > with a meeting, I stop it so it's not running all the time.
6 > >
7 > > That's why I would move it to a VM - libvirt/KVM/spice seems to have
8 > > pretty phenomenal support for cameras, mics, and other "advanced"
9 > > features these days.
10
11 > Anyone know of reliable and decent alternatives?
12
13 I've never used Zoom, but how does it compare with Jitsi?
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.