From: Aisha Tammy <gentoo.user@×××××.cc>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] news 2021-01-30-display-manager-init -- blocked package
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 08:46:15
1 On 1/30/21 11:01 PM, Kusoneko wrote:
2 >
3 > Following my daily syncing today, 2 news items appeared,
4 > the important one for this being the following:
5 >
6 > 2021-01-30-display-manager-init
7 >
8 > It states that starting the next xorg-server version,
9 > the xdm init script will be removed and that one
10 > install gui-libs/display-manager-init to replace it.
11 > Following the instructions to install said package
12 > leads to a wonderful error stating that the package
13 > is blocked by the following packages:
14 >
15 > x11-apps/xinit-1.4.1
16 > sys-apps/sysvinit-2.98
17 > x11-base/xorg-server-1.20.10
18 >
19 > Removing xorg-server is not gonna happen, so
20 > looking at what emerge says, there's a bit of an
21 > issue here:
22 >
23 > https://zifb.in/GUtgto4VcX
24 >
25 > Doing the required update is currently impossible.
26 >
27 > I am definitely not gonna remember about this
28 > in a week or 2 so I'd like to deal with whatever
29 > this issue is asap. Is there any way to do this?
30 >
31 > Note: all 3 of the blocking packages and whatever
32 > pulls them in are NOT using the ~amd64 keyword
33 > at the moment, except for nvidia-drivers.
36 Yes, they are currently ~ARCH, you have to use
37 the ~amd64 keywords right now.
38
39 Aisha
40