From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] can't boot w/o noapic
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 22:08:01
1 Hi group,
2
3 Couple days ago my PC suddenly froze and I had to reset. So I checked this and that and found out eventually that only by booting with the noapic option could the system be accessed. Even the BootCD requires it.
4
5 This is an Asrock mobo, about 3 mos old, with nForce3 chip-set. I'm using the 2.6.24 kernel with all apic options set 'y'.
8 questions:
9 This happen to anybody else. Is there a fix? Does it matter? In the little time I've spent don't notice much different. What would cause a PC to suddenly require the noapic option when it didn't need it before?
10
11 Maxim