From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to detect when memory-card inserted into USB card-reader?
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 05:12:44
1 If I stick the SD memory-card from my camera into my USB all-in-one
2 memory card-reader *BEFORE PLUGGING THE CARD-READER INTO THE USB PORT*,
3 it's recognized as /dev/sdb and mount works as expected.
4
5 If I stick the SD memory-card from my camera into my USB all-in-one
6 memory card-reader *AFTER PLUGGING THE CARD-READER INTO THE USB PORT*,
7 no such luck. If I "fdisk /dev/sdb" (which requires root) then it wakes
8 up something somewhere, the card is recognized as /dev/sdb and mount
9 works as expected.
10
11 Is it possible to get the system to automatically recognize when a
12 card is inserted into the reader?
15 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
16 My musings on technology and security at http://techsec.blog.ca
17 --