From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: systemd questions: hdparm unit file, OpenRC packages
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 10:57:14
1 Am Mon, 10 Apr 2017 09:27:57 +0200
2 schrieb Raffaele Belardi <raffaele.belardi@××.com>:
3
4 > After 10+ years of LXDE/OpenRC I decided to give Gnome/systemd a try.
5 >
6 > 1. With OpenRC I used hdparm to put an external USB disk to sleep:
7 >
8 > $ cat /etc/conf.d/hdparm
9 > sdb_args="-S24"
10 >
11 > Looks like systemd does not provide a unit file for hdparm yet,
12 > right? If so I suppose I'll have to write my own.
13 > In general I suppose the same holds for everything that was
14 > under /etc/local.d/
15 >
16 > 2. Which OpenRC-related packages can I unmerge?
17 > - sys-apps/sysvinit
18 > - sys-apps/openrc
19 > - app-admin/sysklogd
20 > - cron/anacron after transition to systemd timers
21 > - sys-apps/debianutils provides savelog functionality also provided
22 > by systemd but also installkernel so I shall not remove it
23 > - others?
24
25 I've put the hdparm stuff in /etc/local.d:
26
27 $ cat /etc/local.d/hdparm.start
28 #!/bin/sh
29
30 for device in /sys/bus/scsi/devices/[012345]:0:0:0/block/*; do
31 hdparm -W1B254S241M254 /dev/$(basename $device)
32 done
33
34 Make it chmod +x.
35
36 Then install the gentoo integration packet for systemd which creates
37 the proper units on the fly during boot:
38
39 $ emerge -a sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration
40
41 After restart, you should see units started for each local.d script.
42 It's implemented as a systemd generator. To see how it works, look at
43 "equery f gentoo-systemd-integration" and have a look at the generator
44 files.
47 Regards,
48 Kai
49