From: Ryan Holt <carpenike@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Writing to a 256MB Rom
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 21:24:59
1 Is there any difference between ROM and NVRam?
2
3 I think I mis-spoke when I said ROM; because it's actually Non Volatile Ram.
4
5 On 3/1/06, Franta <sdoma@××××××××.cz> wrote:
6 >
7 > On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 15:00 -0500, Ryan Holt wrote:
8 > > Hey,
9 > >
10 > > Little bit of an odd question here. But Say I wanted to write to an
11 > > imbedded 256MB Rom Drive. Specifically, I'd like to install a
12 > > minimalistic Linux install onto a mini-server that contains only a ROM
13 > > storage space....
14 > >
15 > > How could I go about this?
16 >
17 > IMHO You can't write to that device. ROM is an abbreviation for Read
18 > Only Memory ;))))))
19 >
20 > On The other hand... there is a lot of stuff about minimalistic Linux on
21 > Goooooooogle out there.
24 > --
25 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list