From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] audio: can hear sound from line/mic but cannot record it
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 10:59:11
1 b.n. ha scritto:
2 > Hi,
3 > I have an odd problem with audio recording.
4 >
5 > When I plug my guitar to the line in/mic in, it plays. I can hear the
6 > sound fine. So the input device seems to work correctly.
7 >
8 > But when I try to *record*, no matter the application (audacity, rezound,
9 > arecord) the application freezes and no output file is made. arecord
10 > actually spits out a 44-byte header, and nothing else.
11 >
12 > strace-ing the application clearly shows that the app just freezes.
13 >
14 > Relevant things I changed after last time it worked correctly may be:
15 > - the kernel (from 2.6.16 to 2.6.18-r6)
16 > - alsa-lib (from 1.0.11 to 1.0.14)
17 >
18 > alsa drivers are compiled in the kernel. I run x86, stable, gcc 4.1.1.
19 >
20 > The audio card is: (lspci output): Multimedia audio controller: Silicon
21 > Integrated Systems [SiS] AC'97 Sound Controller (rev a0)
22
23 Update:
24 - When I tell audacity to use ALSA directly instead of OSS emulation, it
25 doesn't hang anymore. But the cursor doesn't start.
26 - When I also tell audacity to use software playthrough, it seems to
27 start recording. But it records only silence.
28
29 In every case, arecord still hangs at the header of 44 bytes.
30
31 Any hint?
32
33 m.