From: "Poison BL." <poisonbl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Fresh gen too install - unsuccesful
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 16:41:56
1 On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 10:34 AM, German <gentgerman@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > That's where I think the problem lies Mick. My system is uefi. Too bad that gen too officially doesn't support it. I just wish gentoo developers take a closer look at the issue and come out with uefi capable minimal installation CD and clear uefi installation documentation
3
4 Well, while it's not covered in the official side of the install docs,
5 this wiki page was how I handled my system when I first ended up with
6 a UEFI laptop here (Win8 didn't even make it 12hrs for me ;) --
7
8 http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/UEFI_Gentoo_Quick_Install_Guide
9
10 It only has one minor issue, and that's the lack of mentioning first
11 and foremost that, to configure UEFI, you have to be UEFI booted
12 already (it does get around to noting it about the halfway mark). Any
13 UEFI compatible linux livecd/usb will work, though.
16 Poison [BLX]
17 Joshua M. Murphy