From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 16:55:51
1 On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 14:09:42 -0500
2 Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > I totally get XFCE *supporting* the use of logind, but why should it
5 > ever support *only* logind? That would seem insane to me.
6
7 If it were a decision, and other decisions were possible without cost,
8 yes; however, this often happens as the result of a lack of manpower to
9 support multiple systems. Others aren't stopped from forking and/or
10 wrapping XFCE to (also) support other login facilities than logind;
11 well, under the assumption that they would limit their support...
14 With kind regards,
15
16 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
17 Gentoo Developer
18
19 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
20 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
21 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D