From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel does not boot after adding a new SATA drive
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2016 18:20:45
1 2016-09-06 21:16 GMT+03:00 gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>:
2 > I had one IDE hard drive for /
3 > and one SATA hard drive for /home
4 >
5 > After adding another (yet non-formatted) SATA hard drive
6 > the system panics and complains that it cannot find kernel
7 > (if I understood it correctly :).
8 >
9 > As it happens after the GRUB(2) menu, I suspect GRUB(2).
10 >
11 > Just executed
12 > # grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
13 > but have not tried to reboot yet.
14 >
15 > After disconnecting a new hard drive, the system boot normally.
16 >
17 > Any ideas?
18
19 P.S. Just forgot to say that everything works fine if I connect the
20 new SATA drive already after booting the system.