From: Mike Kazantsev <mike_kazantsev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ppp connection problem
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 04:38:52
1 On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 16:20:32 -0400
2 Moshe Kamensky <moshe.kamensky@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > We called the ISP, and from their side it seems that he is connected,
5 > and everything is fine. I don't know where else to look. The log
6 > messages showed in the beginning messages of the form
7 >
8 > LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
9 >
10 > but they seem to no longer appear. As I said, I don't even know where to
11 > start looking for the problem. Any help is appreciated.
12
13 I can suggest trying at least two things:
14
15 1. pon <connection name> debug nodetach
16 You'll see a lot of messages, and, probably, some errors. Most of
17 them are probably non-fatal, but try eliminating all of them by
18 setting right asyncmap, compression, authentication etc
19 In the end you should get IP and connection shouldn't break after a
20 minute or so, which is often because of 2.
21
22 2. ip route
23 Check that there's only one default route, that there's a route to IP
24 you're connecing with, aside from default one through it, and that
25 it's metric is lower than the default one. Check that you can still
26 ping that IP.
29 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net