From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Overlays - mask everything except a specific package?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 20:06:17
1 On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:23:21 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > I'm looking for a ways to:
4 >
5 > 1) List all contents of a specific overlay including version numbers.
6
7 Run eix-remote update to add all layman overlays to eix's database, then
8 you caqn use it to search specific overlays.
9
10 > 2) Mask everything in an overlay except exactly what I actually want
11 > installed.
12
13 The way I do this is to layman -a the overlay but not put it in
14 make.conf. Then I symlink only the ebuilds I want to my local overlay. By
15 symlinking instead of copying, I automatically get updates to that
16 package.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Advanced: (adj.) doesn't work yet, but it's pretty close. See: bug,
23 glitch.