From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network printing
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:27:27
1 On Tuesday 13 January 2009, Norman Rieß wrote:
2 > Peter Humphrey schrieb:
3
4 > >> package.use
5 > >> net-print/cups jpeg nls pam png ppds ssl tiff X
6 > >
7 > > So you do have ldap specified. I'll try recompiling cups with ldap and
8 > > see what that does. Thanks.
9 >
10 > Yes, but i do not use ldap in my network.
11
12 Peter, ldap is only required if you are authenticating clients on your LAN/WAN
13 using an ldap server. If you had hundreds of clients and a need to manage
14 frequently changing client membership and passwds, then ldap would be
15 desirable to manage them effectively.
16
17 In your case you just need to control access to your cups server by means of
18 the allow/deny wrappers in /etc/cups/conf.d for machines in your LAN and let
19 them through the iptables on the server machine.
20
21 Increasing the verbosity of the access and error cups logs will show you what
22 you need to (re)configure.
23 --
24 Regards,
25 Mick