From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] scanner not working for user
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:11:50
1 On Saturday 08 July 2006 20:05, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > > But where do I put this?
4 Hi,
5 Neil advised that in /etc/udev/rules.d/10-udev.rules I enter the following:-
6 SYSFS{product}=="USB MFP", SYSFS{manufacturer}=="EPSON", GROUP:="scanner",
7 MODE:="0660"
8 This worked well and I was able to scan.
9 However, I have just discovered that the printing side of my epson cx5400
10 scanner/printer is not working.
11 If I remove the line from the rules file that the printer works fine, but of
12 course the scanner is now not working.
13
14 Any other ideas on how to ensure that both functions work correctly?
15
16 Thanks in advance
17 Paul
18 --
19 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list