From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to downgrade X and its dependencies
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 20:48:09
1 don wrote:
2 > I foolishly upgraded to xorg7, and found some things that don't work.
3 > I'd like to go back to 6.8 which is the last stable version.
4 >
5 > However there are a lot of packages that got upgraded, too many to list
6 > here.
7 >
8 > Is the a fairly simple way to get them all downgraded to the version
9 > that works with xorg 6.9? If it were something less basic than X, I
10 > would just unmerege them all and re-emerge. But removing X will remove
11 > a lot of things including some large applications (won't it?).
12
13 You can get a list of all the packages at
14 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/ and then do this:
15
16 emerge portage-utils
17 emerge -Ca $(qlist -IC $(< modular-x-packages.txt))
18
19 Thanks,
20 Donnie