From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Disabling hidden file view in GNOME dialog boxes
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 18:12:07
1 On Thu, 24 May 2007 12:22:46 -0500, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2
3 > Whenever I try to Open/Save in GNOME, it pulls up a dialog box that
4 > lists hidden files as well as visible files. Those hidden files are
5 > hidden for a reason, the reason being that I did not consciously create
6 > them, so I should not have to wade through them in order to get to my
7 > files. How can I disable them being displayed? I don't see them by
8 > default in nautilus - just dialog boxes.
9
10 Do you mean the GTK file requester. Right-click on the file list and
11 deselect the option to show hidden files.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 If you smoke after sex, you're doing it too fast.