From: Paul Colquhoun <paulcol@×××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] media-sound/podracer doesn't name downloaded podcasts
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 22:47:38
1 On Sunday, 25 February 2018 10:59:47 PM AEDT Stroller wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > As per my thread a month ago [1], I've now installed Podracer and gave it a
5 > spin last night.
6 >
7 > I started by trying to download NPR's Planet Money podcast:
8 > https://www.npr.org/sections/money/
9 >
10 > I tried 3 different URLs that I found on that page, none of them worked:
11 >
12 > • https://www.npr.org/feeds/127413729/feed.json
13 > • https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510289/planet-money/
14 > • https://www.npr.org/rss/rss.php?id=127413729
15 >
16 > The podcast is also listed in iTunes, I found:
17 > https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/planet-money/id290783428
18 >
19 > Using that URL in my .podracer/subscriptions, Podracer downloaded 300 mp3
20 > files, I assume every Podcast in the show's archive.
21 >
22 > However the files are named by ID, which is meaningless to humans:
23 >
24 > $ ls podcasts/2018-02-24/ | head
25 > 20150424_blog_pmoney.mp3
26 > 20150429_blog_pmoney.mp3
27 > 20150501_blog_pmoney.mp3
28 > 20150506_blog_pmoney.mp3
29 > 20150508_blog_pmoney.mp3
30 > 20150513_blog_pmoney.mp3
31 > 20150516_blog_pmoney.mp3
32 > 20150522_blog_pmoney2.mp3
33 > 20150522_blog_pmoney.mp3
34 > 20150527_blog_pmoney.mp3
35 > $
36 >
37 > If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be grateful. I'll perhaps try Flexget
38 > later today if I haven't thought of anything else.
39 >
40 > Stroller.
41 >
42 > [1]
43 > https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-user/message/bcd7c0ae62e60a0583f10ae3daf
44 > 7f0e4
47 Have you looked at the ID3 tags for the files? If they are properly tagged with the name, its
48 an easy script to pull the ID3 tag and use it to rename the files.
52 Reverend Paul Colquhoun, ULC. http://andor.dropbear.id.au/
53 Asking for technical help in newsgroups? Read this first:
54 http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#intro