From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Hints on setting up mythweb?
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:55:16
1 On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 7:37 AM, Grant Edwards
2 <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On 2009-09-23, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Grant Edwards
5 >><grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >>> On 2009-09-23, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >><SNIP>
8 >>>>
9 >>>> And it failed. ??Mythbackend doesn't seem to know where to put
10 >>>> the recorded files...
11 >>>
12 >>> Bitten again by permissions. ??I forgot to set the ownership of
13 >>> the /myth directory to be the mythtv user. ??I'm happily
14 >>> recording after making sure that mythbackend could write to the
15 >>> directory where I told it to store recordings.
16 >>>
17 >>> I still need to hook up the second tuner in my HDHomerun. ??I
18 >>> swear there must be at least a half-dozen 2-way RF splitters in
19 >>> the house, but can I _find_ one when I need one....
20 >>
21 >> I have my permissions on the video storage directory set to
22 >> mythtv:video IIRC.
23 >
24 > That's what I decided on.
25 >
26 >> That was straight out of the Gentoo Wiki stuff somewhere.
27 >
28 > Yup -- except that it says to use mythtv:mythtv, instead of
29 > mythtv:video. I missed that step somehow.
30
31 I suspect this might have been on the MythTV site but I don't really
32 remember now.
35 >> I got burned by it this week when my USB storage drive failed
36 >> and I had to replace it with an old 1394 drive.
37 >
38 > The error message you see in the backend log is truely cryptic.
39 > Instead of saying it didn't have permission to create file
40 > /myth/tv/<whatever>.mpg, you get some bizarre message about a
41 > very long, apparently unrelated URL not being local or not be
42 > found or something like that.
43
44 Sounds familiar. Glad you got it all running.
45
46 cheers,
47 Mark