From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qtiplot
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 21:41:01
1 Arttu V. ha scritto:
2 > On 11/26/08, b.n. <brullonulla@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> b.n. ha scritto:
4 >>> Hi,
5 >>>
6 >>> I have an x86 gentoo system, and I would like to install qtiplot.
7 >>> Unfortunately:
8 >>> - qtiplot 0.8.x requires qwt-4. I have both qwt-4 and qwt-5 installed,
9 >>> and when compilng qtiplot seems to pick invariably the qwt-5. How do I
10 >>> force qtiplot to build with qwt-4 ?
11 >
12 > Wild guesses, semi-tested on amd64 only:
13 >
14 > - in the current qtiplot-0.8.5-qmake.patch replace "-lqwt" with "-l:libqwt.so.4"
15 > - check that you have qt:3 built with USE="opengl"
16 > (- gcc-4.3 patching, which were a sort of a detour since I just didn't
17 > want to downgrade gcc in the chroot in which I made my testing in)
18 >
19 > After that I got qtiplot-0.8.5 emerged in a simplistic chrooted amd64
20 > environment, which had little more than the basic qt stuff and
21 > explicitly emerged qwt 4 and 5:
22 >
23 > x11-libs/qwt
24 > selected: 4.2.0-r3 5.0.2-r1
25 >
26 > However, I don't know this piece of software and I don't think I'm
27 > going to learn it right now, so that's as far as I planned on
28 > "testing" it right now. :)
29 >
30 > Maybe you would like to file a bug in b.g.o? I can dump my crude,
31 > couple-line patches/changes there and whoever needs/maintains qtiplot
32 > can then refine them or reject them as needed.
33
34 Thanks for your wonderful reply! However it seems a bit of work. Nothing
35 fancy:but if I have to spend some time patching and testing, I'm rather
36 doing it for the latest version (0.9.x)
37
38 I keep your mail close, in the meaning that if 0.9.x refuses to work,
39 I'll fallback on 0.8.5 with your suggestions. But if anyone has
40 suggestions on the qt stuff, before b0rking my laptop, I'd be happy.
41
42 m.