From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with Xsetup
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:49:39
1 On 27 September 2005 13:45, Rajat Gujral wrote:
2 > hi
3 >
4 > i am a newbie in gentoo and for the first time i tried to upgrade my kernel
5 > from 2.6.12-r6 to 2.6.12-r10 , but the kernel was not upgraded .. Now when
6 > i boot my system with the older kernel i am not able to start KDE ..
7 > Whenever i write startx on the terminal i get the message
8 >
9 > Using vt 7
10 >
11 > Symbol __glXgetActiveScreen from module
12 > /usr/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!
15 > Can anybody please help me out with this ...
16
17 Did you actually tell your bootloader (lilo or grub) to boot the new kernel?
18 If not so, go to /etc/lilo.conf or /boot/grub/grub.conf and edit the file. If
19 you are using grub you are set by now. If lilo is your choice you still have
20 to run "lilo". Try to reboot.
21
22 Uwe
25 95% of all programmers rate themselves among the top 5% of all software
26 developers. - Linus Torvalds
27
28 http://www.uwix.iway.na (last updated: 20.06.2004)
29 --