From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] freeSwitch
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 05:18:09
1 J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > On April 28, 2016 12:48:36 AM GMT+02:00, "Max R.D. Parmer" <maxp@××××××××.is> wrote:
4 > >On Wed, Apr 27, 2016, at 15:17, Stroller wrote:
5 > >>
6 > >> > On Wed, 27 April 2016, at 3:21 pm, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
7 > >wrote:
8 > >> > ...
9 > >> > I have a Freeswitch install on a (non-Gentoo) box at a client. That
10 > >client has
11 > >> > recently moved to a different PBX product. I will not willingly
12 > >install another
13 > >> > Freeswitch setup, and my full rant as to why would be a multi-part
14 > >blog post.
15 > >>
16 > >> I really want to read this.
17 > >>
18 > >> Stroller.
19 > >>
20 > >>
21 > >
22 > >I would also be interested (if it helps to know you'd have an
23 > >audience).
24 > >
25 > >I've been looking at freeswitch and asterisk for an OSTN
26 > >implementation.
27 > >At a glance, freeswitch seemed like it might be the better design (but
28 > >surely experience tells the real story). I'll give kamailio a look now
29 > >too.
30 > >
31 > >--
32 > >0x7D964D3361142ACF
33 >
34 > Same here. Would love to read this.
35 >
36 > I ended up getting an appliance, rather than building it myself due to time and cost constraints.
37 >
38 > But for a different location I am thinking of doing it myself. And from the description, Freeswitch sounds nice.
39
40 I use freeswitch here all the time as my home pbx and it does things
41 asterisk either cannot do, or only with great difficulty. I can even
42 put c# code in it using mono and a lot of times the xml is insufficient
43 and this is where this comes in handy. There is a mailing list, so you
44 can ask questions as well. Its one strength and also weakness is there
45 are a lot of variables, some of which are poorly documented, and some
46 not documented at all.
50 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
51 How do
52 you spend it?
53
54 John Covici