From: "Canek Peláez" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mplayer + compiz + x11-drivers/xf86-video-i810-2.0.x = busted video
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 07:58:13
1 On 7/14/07, Tim Allingham <deserted@×××××××××××.au> wrote:
2 > What output driver are you using in mplayer? I've seen the same issue
3 > occur with a couple of output drivers running on beryl machines, I
4 > personally have it configured with the gl output driver and have never
5 > had an issue (running on nvidia hardware with beryl enabled) while my
6 > brothers machine had similar issues with the gl driver using an ATI
7 > based card
8
9 Yeah, with NVidia it works perfectly with the gl (sometimes gl2)
10 driver (I have an NVidia GeForce 6800 in my desktop machine). But with
11 the i810 and i915 drivers the only output driver that works with
12 compiz/beryl (in my experience, and sans real fullscreen) is the x11
13 one.
14 --
15 Canek Peláez Valdés
16 Facultad de Ciencias, UNAM