From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] modules.devname not found...
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 16:27:50
1 Hi Gentoo-users,
2 I just installed Gentoo on one more system and everything
3 seems to be OK except for one strange boot-up message
4 between "Mounting /dev/shm" and "Mounting /sys":
5 ________
6 * Creating list of required static device nodes for the current kernel...
7 Warning: /lib/modules/3.12.21-gentoo-r1/modules.devname not found - ignor
8 ________
9
10 What does it mean and how can I get rid of it?
11
12 Strange is, I do not have this message on any other system
13 (and I installed them the same way). All are updated, using
14 the same kernel. None of them is using modules, none of them
15 has /lib/modules/3.12.21-gentoo-r1/modules.devname and none
16 of them complains. Except this new one...
17
18 Jarry
22 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
23 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.