From: allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] wireless software config problem
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 16:31:31
1 My system runs gnome3/systemd. I use NetworkManager, which is mostly
2 working fine.
3
4 At work the desired network is named "nyu". The sysadmins say I need to
5 change at least one security parameter. When I open the gui it shows
6 the network configuration parameters (by clicking the gear) and lets me
7 select different values. However the "Apply" button never becomes
8 active so I can only "Cancel".
9
10 If I try to select the "nyu" network it asks for the password, which I
11 know and enter. I then click the appropriate button (something like
12 "apply" or "ok"). As expected the window goes away but I am not
13 connected and the window reappears.
14
15 A "tip" from the sys admins at work is to somehow tell my system to
16 forget all it knows about the network "nyu", but neither I nor they know
17 how to do it (they don't "fully support" linux).
18
19 Any help would be appreciated.
20
21 thanks,