From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nasty visual effect in plasma-5
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 12:29:52
1 On Monday 25 Jul 2016 06:09:32 Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
2 > On 07/25/2016 05:29 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Hello list,
4 > >
5 > > Every time I press <ALT><TAB> to switch windows, a great white box
6 > > springs out of the left edge of the screen to show me what windows are
7 > > available. But I can already see them by tabbing through them.
8 > >
9 > > I could do without this visual slap in the face. Is there a way to
10 > > switch it off? I haven't found any way so far - I don't even know what
11 > > to call it.
12 > It's called the Task Switcher. You can go to System Settings > Window
13 > Management > Task Switcher to change it. The other choices are cover
14 > switch and flip switch (I think you can download otherrs) and they need
15 > to be enabled under Desktop Behaviour > Desktop Effects.
16
17 Ah, I see. All I had to do was to revert to "Show selected window" in Task
18 Switcher and disable all of the last group of Desktop Effects: the window
19 management ones.
20
21 No doubt some people enjoy flash effects, but to me, after no more than a
22 few minutes they become just a distracting irritation. Or an irritating
23 distraction; choose your pick (as my Dad used to say when the rock cakes
24 came out).
25
26 Many thanks, Fernando.
29 Rgds