From: "Randolph Maaßen" <r.maassen60@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hibernation
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 17:10:56
1 2014-12-04 17:58 GMT+01:00 Michael Vetter <michael.vetter@××××××××××××.de>:
2 >> Did you try suspending using the echo command I mentioned earlier?
3 > Yes, it seemed to work (just starting up again didn't).
4 >
5 >> You can set the resume partition in the kernel. Might be an option.
6 > Okay, so I changed my kernel command string from "root=/dev/sdb2" to
7 > "root=/dev/sdb2,resume=/dev/mapper/g-SWAP".
8
9 In my menuconfig I have a space separated list, not comma separated.
10 So I guess the boot failure is, that the kernel can't find the root
11 partition /dev/sdb2,resume...
14 > Then typed your suspension command again, now the system isn't booting
15 > up anymore: kernel prints trace.
16 >
17 > --
18 > Michael
24 Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
25
26 Randolph Maaßen