From: Fast Turtle <fturtle@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Poor sound quality
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 15:05:27
1 On Mon, 3 Jun 2013 13:51:37 -0700
2 Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Good luck, Good Hunting!
8 > James,
9 >
10 > Thank you for your tips. I tried to reproduce the problem on the same
11 > hardware using a different OS (xubuntu 12.04). The problem did not
12 > occur on the different OS. Therefore I rule out hardware problems.
13 > Do you have any gentoo-specific suggestions as to the source that I
14 > can try?
15 >
16 > Thank you,
17 >
18 > Chris
19 >
20 You did say phonon was installed. If so, I'd run qdepends all phonon to see what it depends on and what depends on it - should help you figure this out.
21
22 qdepends and a number of other helpful scripts are part of the portage-utils - very useful