From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mixing python-2 and python-3 howto
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:30:05
1 Here,
2
3 several month ago I had problems since I had Python-2.x and Python-3.x
4 installed. Therefore I have masked Python-3.x since then.
5 Meanwhile there are packages (like portpeek-2.0.1) which require
6 Python-3.x . Is it safe to have both Python-2 and Python-3 installed.
7 I know they are slotted and I know about eselect python but do I have to
8 switch Python (by using eselect) before emerge a given packages.
9 And does this work at all (a Gentoo system where different parts use
10 different versions of Python)?
11
12 Many thanks for sharing your experience,
13 Helmut.
16 Helmut Jarausch
17
18 Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik