From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HIJACKING THREADS
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 19:15:08
1 On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:42:32 -0700, felix@×××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > > Please don't hijack threads like this.
4 >
5 > Even if that were an example of thread hijacking, are you perfect?
6 > Have you never made a mistake?
7
8 What is the relevance of that. We all make mistakes, some learn fro them
9 and help others learn too.
10
11 > If someone does it over and over, then complain. Otherwise buy
12 > yourself a glass house.
13
14 On the other hard, a polite request at the outset saves the person the
15 potential embarrassment of making the mistake several times over. Most
16 thread hijacking is unintentional, so why not inform someone of the
17 correct approach at the first opportunity?
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 "getting performance from Windows is like getting blood from a stone -
24 after banging my head against the stone several times I got some blood"
25 Author of Lightwave 3D