From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Don't start a new thread by changing the subject
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 23:15:49
1 I've noticed this a couple of times this week. A few of you have
2 responded to the annoying Fortran thread, changed the subject, started a
3 new message, and sent the email starting a new thread.
4
5 Because you responded to an existing thread you are not creating a new
6 thread and thus and reducing the size of the audience that reads your
7 email. Specially I'd have responded to "open source monitoring on
8 gentoo", but since I deleted the Fortran thread in its boring entirety I
9 didn't even see it until I saw a response further down the chain today.
10 Whoever started Fbsplash did the same thing.
11
12 kashani