From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't create file but disk isn't full
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 18:33:22
1 On Samstag 08 Mai 2010, Crístian Viana wrote:
2 > hi everyone,
3 >
4 > something weird is happening on my system. I can't create new files, it
5 > says "No space left on device", but the disk has several gigabytes of free
6 > space! the output of "df -h" is:
7 >
8 > Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
9 > rootfs 35G 23G 11G 69% /
10 > /dev/root 35G 23G 11G 69% /
11 > rc-svcdir 1.0M 120K 904K 12% /lib64/rc/init.d
12 > udev 10M 240K 9.8M 3% /dev
13 > shm 974M 1.1M 973M 1% /dev/shm
14 > /dev/sda6 157G 133G 17G 89% /home
15 > /dev/sda1 35G 28G 7.6G 79% /mnt/windows
16 >
17 > I'm running out of space on the home partition. it says it has 17 GB of
18 > free space, but right now there's only 330 MB available (I wrote a small
19 > program to create the largest file it can). this was happening before,
20 > when I had a few gigabytes free, but now the [fake] available space is
21 > growing and I'm losing space on my disk each day! where should I start
22 > looking for to solve this problem? the filesystem of the home partition is
23 > ext4.
24 >
25 > I don't even know if this is related to Gentoo, but that's the OS I'm
26 > running :-) I'm running ~amd64, by the way.
27 >
28 > regards.
29
30 run out of inodes?