From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is grub2 stable and who uses it?
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 15:20:03
1 On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 14:47:26 +0100
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 13:01:11 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 >
6 > > Well the only constant is change, right?
7 >
8 > It is now that c is in doubt :)
9
10 ooooooooooo! wicked pun!
11
12 Let's hold a poll. How many list readers get it?
13
14 > > The trick is to spot the difference between change for the sake of
15 > > change and change that does make sense. This usually means getting
16 > > inside someone's head, which makes life fun. Doubly so if the change
17 > > proposer works in sales....
18 >
19 > What about marketing, or do you not even attempt it then?
20
21 Where I work, marketing are forbidden from not only coming up with
22 ideas, but from communicating with techies at all. Our marketing dept
23 is old-fashioned - promote stuff we already have, get the public to
24 think well of the company, dream up a new logo every 5 years.
28 Alan McKinnnon
29 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com