From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] iptables (not) started?
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:26:49
1 Hi Gentoo-users,
2
3 I noticed one thing on my server: during boot-up no message
4 about firewall being started is printed on console. I always
5 have to check manually if iptables-rules have been loaded.
6 Strange thing, when doing shutdown, I see messages I expect:
7
8 * Saving iptables state ... [ ok ]
9 * Stopping firewall ... [ ok ]
10
11 I checked also /etc/init.d/iptables and I think it should
12 show some messages at start:
13
14 start() {
15 checkconfig || return 1
16 ebegin "Loading ${iptables_name} state and starting firewall"
17 ${iptables_bin}-restore ${SAVE_RESTORE_OPTIONS} < "${iptables_save}"
18 eend $?
19 }
20
21 Can someone explain to me why this message is not printed?
22
23 Jarry
24 --
26 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
27 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.