From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to get rid of Python2 (where possible)
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 11:37:27
1 On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 11:45:46 +0100
2 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Unfortunately, this doesn't solve my problem.
5 >
6 > If I remove python2_7 from PYTHON_TARGET emerge -auvDN @world
7 > --backtrack=9001
8 > fails for those packages which don't support Python3.
9 >
10 > But if I keep python2_7 in PYTHON_TARGET then all packages which
11 > support Python2_7 and Python3_3 are installed twice, once in
12 > /usr/lib64/python2.7
13 > and then in /usr/lib64/python3.3
14 >
15 > But I'm looking for a means to install packages which do support
16 > Python3.3
17 > only for Python3.3 and which installs packages which don't support
18 > Python3.3
19 > nevertheless under /usr/lib64/python2.7
20
21 It is similar to what I suggested in the first mail, without "single_":
22
23 Set these in /etc/portage/package.use like so:
24
25 dev-util/eric python_target_python2_7
26
27 (Yes, PYTHON_TARGET expands to USE flags.)
28
29 The tricky thing about this, per previous mail, that you need to keep
30 into account that once you set a target on a Python based package, that
31 it also needs to be set on its Python based dependencies; which means
32 that if a certain Python based package is 2.x-only, you'll need to
33 build its dependencies with 2.x too for it to be able to function.
36 With kind regards,
37
38 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
39 Gentoo Developer
40
41 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
42 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
43 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D