From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 22:19:19
1 On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 08:43:50 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > Or maybe 'kde-meta as currently constructed by someone somewhere is a
4 > bloat monster in some other people's opinions'. And, we're not
5 > required to use it.
6
7 kde-meta is, by definition, a bloat-monster. It's sole purpose is to
8 install everything KDE you could possibly need without you needing to
9 work it out for yourself. It fulfils that need well, but if space usage
10 or compile times are important to you, it is the wrong choice.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Too many clicks spoil the browse.